Find information on ASU ceremonies and the College of Health Solutions convocation.
Applying for graduation
Follow these steps to apply for graduation:
- Register for your final semester. Students apply for graduation for the semester in which they are completing their final courses.
- Check your degree requirements. All requirements must be completed prior to the degree conferral date.
- Verify your approved Plan of Study (iPOS) is correct and complete any needed course changes. Review graduation deadlines and procedures for additional information.
- Apply to graduate. From My ASU, select the Graduation tab from My Programs and follow the online instructions. A credit card is required to complete your application.
Graduation application filing fees
Undergraduate and graduate: $50
Each additional, concurrent degree: $25
Late fee, if applicable: $35
If the application deadline falls on a weekend or university holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next business day.
Master’s degree students may walk in the semester prior to their degree being completed. For example, students graduating in the summer semester typically walk in May as we do not offer ceremonies in August.
- Doctoral students may only walk when all degree requirements have been completed. If a doctoral student graduates in summer, they must wait to participate in the December ceremonies.
- All courses must be completed with a passing grade or a “Y”.
- All three iPOS GPA’s must be a 3.0 GPA or better to graduate from the program.
- Students must be enrolled in one credit or more in the term they are applying for graduation. For example, if a student is applying for summer graduation, they must be enrolled in at least one credit for the summer semester.
- Students must have an approved iPOS on file.
- Double-check the mailing address you have on file on My ASU. This is the address that your diploma will be sent to. Update on your profile if it is not current.
- Remember to purchase your cap and gown through the ASU bookstore.
- Please do not forget your regalia on the day of the event(s) as we do not have extras and do not allow students to walk unless they are in the proper attire.