Graduate students in the College of Health Solutions may request funds to defray expenses for the purpose of disseminating their research findings at professional conferences and workshops. Students who request this funding are also expected to apply for other funding from available university resources, relevant professional organizations, graduate student government and from their faculty mentor.
- Applicant must be a current student in good standing and enrolled in a CHS graduate program.
- The student applicant must be listed as a presenting author on either a conference poster or presentation (Co-author with faculty is acceptable). Proof of conference acceptance will need to be provided.
- The student must apply for Graduate College funding and contact any faculty co-authors for additional contributions prior to requesting CHS funding. Students may also seek funding through the Graduate and Professional Student Association.
- Students must adhere to the submission deadlines below prior to attending the desired conference. Funds will not be approved after the event date.
There will be a limited amount of funding available for each cycle, so it is recommended that students apply as soon as possible.
||For travel/events during this range
|Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020
||Oct. 1, 2020-Dec. 31, 2020
|Monday, Dec. 7, 2020
||Jan. 1, 2021-March 31, 2021
|Monday, March 8, 2021
||April 1, 2021-June 30, 2021
Maximum award amounts
- Master's and professional doctorate students: $500
- PhD students: $700
- Submit the graduate student conference form
Students are required to provide the ASUrite email address for their faculty mentor or degree coordinator when submitting the form.
Graduate student conference form
- Form routed for approvals
After you submit the form, it will be automatically routed for the following approvals:
- Program level approval: Your faculty mentor, program director or faculty co-author.
- Funding approval: Assistant dean of graduate education
- Final college-level approval: Associate dean of academic success
- Receive approval notification
The student will be notified when the funding is approved.